Moves the scope in the given direction for the given interval or time at
the rate given by the corresponding guide rate property
ASCOM.DeviceInterfaces (in ASCOM.DeviceInterfaces.dll) Version: 3351c4f3fa64146a7efd5b51ed4591e32a0a5484
Sub PulseGuide (
Direction As GuideDirections,
Duration As Integer
- Type: ASCOM.DeviceInterfaceGuideDirections
The direction in which the guide-rate motion is to be made
- Type: SystemInt32
The duration of the guide-rate motion (milliseconds)
|MethodNotImplementedException||If the method is not implemented and CanPulseGuide is False|
|InvalidValueException||If an invalid direction or duration is given.|
|InvalidOperationException||If the pulse guide cannot be effected e.g. if the telescope is slewing or is not tracking.|
|NotConnectedException||If the device is not connected|
|DriverException||An error occurred that is not described by one of the more specific ASCOM exceptions. Include sufficient detail in the message text to enable the issue to be accurately diagnosed by someone other than yourself.|Remarks
This method returns immediately if the hardware is capable of back-to-back moves e.g. dual-axis moves. For hardware not having dual-axis capability, the method returns only after the move has completed.
- Raises an error if AtPark is true.
- The IsPulseGuiding property must be True during pulse-guiding.
- The PulseGuide method may throw an InvalidValueException if called when an incompatible command is already underway e.g. a slew is in progress.
- The rate of motion for movements about the right ascension axis is specified by the GuideRateRightAscension property. The rate of motion
for movements about the declination axis is specified by the GuideRateDeclination property. These two rates may be tied together into a single rate, depending
on the driver's implementation and the capabilities of the telescope.