Key Changes in 6.0 SP1 - For Everyone
- Add build version to the install log
- During uninstall, request that the user seeks help before uninstalling and reinstalling the Platform,
since this usually doesn't fix issues.
- Improve backward compatibility when installers are renamed before execution
Key Changes in 6.0 SP1 - For Developers
- Added transform ALT/AZ to RA/DEC to ASCOM.Astrometry.Transform
- Added USNO NOVAS3.1 to the Astrometry namespace
- Driver assemblies located in the Global Assembly Cache are now supported
- Document how to migrate from the Astro32 DLL and provide extra features to support easy migration
- Util.JulianDate - Clarify that the returned date is based on Terrestrial Time
- ICameraV2 - Make ReadoutMode Read-Write instead of Read-Only to meet the interface specification
- Exception handling in common device methods is now consistently documented in the Developer Help
and only refers to ASCOM defined exceptions.
- Added AstroUtils component to the Astrometry namespace. This contains useful basic routines to:
- Condition hour angle, right ascension and declination into their standard ranges.
- Condition any number into a given range
- Provide an estimate of the current value of DeltaT
- Provide the current Julian date on the Terrestrial Time timescale
- Provide the current Julian date on the UT1 timescale
Issues Fixed - Platform
- TrackingRates enumeration in Telescope template does not work correctly in an out-of-proc com service
- Telescope.NET simulator does not do RA/Dec rate offsets
- The Platform 5 compatibility Client Toolkit does not fully implement interface ASCOM.Interfaces.ISwitch
- nFOCUS Installers missing from ForcePlatformVersion
- Correct missing DeltaT value in Transform internal calculations
- Transform AzimuthTopocentric and ElevationTopocentric methods to not return current values on repeated calls
- DriverAccess.Telescope returns an empty AxisRates object for a .NET ITelescopeV2 driver
- DriverAccess does not handle exceptions properly for Platform 5 .NET in-process drivers
- Use of System Restore can prevent the Platform installer from running
- The Platform Installer final dialog says that everything was successful even when UninstallASCOM or FinaliseInstall fail
- Chooser won't select driver if the description is blank or missing
- Profile.Register does not refresh a missing driver description if the driver is already registered
Issues Fixed - Development
- LocalServer Template - Prevent exit if references to served objects
- Missing Intellisense in developer install
- LocalServer template doesn't expand correctly
- Updated NOVAS2 help to record that it cannot create ephemeris predictions for Planets except Earth.
- Updated Driver Install Script Generator to create templates that test for existance of Platform 6 rather than Platform 5.5.
Breaking Changes (For Developers)