My Driver can only install on Platform 5.5
installers check the platform version and report that they cannot be
installed on Platform 6. You get a message like this:
because the driver installer is checking the platform version and
only accepts platform 5 or 5.5.
Platform 6 has
a mechanism that will allow these drivers to be installed. When the
installer asks for the platform version it checks the file name and
if it's in the list of files that need Platform 5.5 it reports the
version as 5.5.
drivers this has been set up in the installer but there are some
which we are not aware of that cannot be included. In this case you
can make the driver install by adding it's name to the list. To do
- Open the Profiler Explorer.
- Go to the “ForcePlatformVersion” section.
- Add the exact file name of the installer and set
the version to what's required, usually 5.5.
- Go to the “ForcePlatformVersionSeparator”
section and add the exact file name to the list.
- Note that the exact file name is required. In some cases
the browser will change the installer file name when
- An alternative is to rename the installer file to a name
that is already in the ForcePlatformVersion list.
- Please inform the driver author so he can
update his installer. Installers generated using the current Platform 6 installer generator
do not have this problem.
- Inform the Platform 6 developers so we can add
the driver to the list that's provided with the Platform 6
- NOTE. This mechanism is provided as a way to allow current
and orphaned drivers to continue to work. We will not add new
driver installers to the list. The driver developer should update
their installer so this mechanism is not needed. The current
driver installer generator does not have this problem.